5. Avoid using cheap makeup products. Yes, the dollar stuff is very cheap and easy on the budget, but is it worth it? When it comes to products for eyes, face and cheeks, you usually get what you pay for. The cheaper stuff will not apply as well, wear as long and can be irritating on the skin.
6. Use a brownish shade eye shadow to darken eyebrows. Many use eyebrow pencils, but if you’re on a budget you can kill two birds with one stone by using your eye shadow. Plus, it blends easier and is easier to put on the brows than pencils; one whisk with a wide brush can cover the whole brow.
Makeup is an essential part of most women’s appearance. The cosmetics industry is a multi billion dollar market and for good reason. It is a fact that women have been using makeup throughout history in an effort to improve their appearance and accentuate their features. In fact, before we had Mac Eyeliner, Revlon, Cover Girl and all the others women used to make makeup out of anything they could find including, using juices from berries as rouge and lip color and using egg whites as a home made face powder.
Lucky for us we no longer have to get so innovative and desperate, we have an unlimited selection of products and colors to choose from that can enhance any and all facial features. Once you have selected the perfect makeup, it is time to find the perfect makeup tips to help you professionally apply your new makeup.
8 Tips for Applying Makeup
1. Make sure to wash and moisturize your face before applying any of your makeup. Use a moisturizer that is meant for your skin type. You will want to be sure to put moisturizer on your eyes and lip balm on your lips as well.
2. After you put on your foundation, use a translucent setting power to set it in place.
3.Use a neutral color eye shadow as a base on your entire eyelid.
4. To accent your eyes you will want to choose a mid tone hue. Put this in the corner of your eye in order to add emphasis. This color should not only look good with your skin but it should also look good with your jewelry and clothing as well.
5. Before applying eyeliner to your own eyes, you should practice so that your line will be both clean and straight. Eyeliner should be applied after you put on your eye shadow.
6. In order to create thick lashes you will want to use an eyelash curler. After curling your eyelashes apply two coats of mascara. It is a good idea to use waterproof mascara.